Shrink, track and share any URL on the Internet from your WordPress website. Unlike other link shrinking services like tinyurl, budurl, and bit.ly, this plugin allows you to create shortlinks coming from your own domain! Pretty Link tracks each hit on your URL and provides a full, detailed report of where the hit came from, the browser, os and host. Pretty Link is a killer plugin for people who want to mask their affiliate links, track clicks from emails, increase the reach of their website by spreading these links via Twitter, forums or comments on other blogs.
What people are saying:
“I don’t know if you realize it or not , but I think you’ve created what’s going to be one of the ‘most sought after’ and ‘useful’ solutions for every WordPress user out there!!!
“I could probably write a book explaining why this plugin would be one of the ‘must have’ tools to have in your WP arsenal, but to top it off… not having to add the extra directory for the URL plus being able to track clicks too! AWESOME!”
— Jason G
“Way cool! Thanks I’m loving this plug in more and more every day!”
— Austin Prime
“Brilliant! Works like a charm.”
“I just wanted to thank you for creating such an incredible plugin. You cannot begin to imagine how long I have been searching. Nothing I have tested or purchased, begins to compare with Pretty Link. Today happens to be my birthday, and I consider finding your plugin today as a perfect birthday gift to myself.”
— Paul Schubert
“Thank you so much! I have been crawling the web for this type of plugin for several hours.. all I found were paid ones which sucked and free ones which lacked one or two small features I needed.
“This script is PERFECT!”
“I am pretty much impressed with your prettylink. Like its name, pretty link is really awesome. In the beginning of my blogging stance, I have tried many things to cloak my affilitite links,such as php and htaccess. It was really a gruesome experience. I have even messed up my blog trying out different methods. Glad to say that I’m grateful to have stumble upon prettylink. I am so excited using prettylink to cloak my affiliate links. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to getting great stuffs from you. Thanks again.”
- Gives you the ability to create clean, simple URLs on your website that redirect to any other URL
- Generates random 2-3 character slugs for your URL or allows you to name a custom slug for your URL
- Tracks the Number of Hits per link
- Tracks the Number of Unique Hits per link
- Provides a reporting interface where you can see a configurable chart of clicks per day. This report can be filtered by the specific link clicked, date range, and/or unique clicks.
- View click details including ip address, remote host, browser (including browser version), operating system, and referring site
- Download hit details in CSV format
- Pass custom parameters to your scripts through pretty link and still have full tracking ability
- Ability to rewrite these custom Parameters before forwarding to Target URL
- Setup Pretty Links as Tracking Pixels and track impressions
- Exclude IP Addresses from Stats
- Enables you to post your Pretty Links to Twitter directly from your WordPress admin
- Enables you to send your Pretty Links via Email directly from your WordPress admin
- Select Temporary (307) or Permanent (301) redirection for your Pretty Links
- Cookie based system for tracking visitor activity across hits
- Organize Links into Groups
- Create nofollow/noindex links
- Turn tracking on / off on each link
- Keep users on your site even when being redirected by using the PrettyBar which stays at the top of the page
- Configure the PrettyBar to mirror the look and feel of your website
Great things you can do with Pretty Link
- Clean up / mask affiliate links or merchant shopping cart links
- Track the effectiveness of email campaigns by embedding Pretty Links in your emails
- See how many times an email is opened by creating a “Tracking Pixel” Pretty Link and embedding it in the email
- Kickstart and Fuel the SEO on your site by posting Pretty Links from your site on Digg, Twitter, Facebook, other blogs and everywhere else on the Internet.
- Create Pretty Links for private special offers (to your email list) using a randomized slug to prevent the URL from being “guessed”
- Write custom scripts in PHP, Ruby on Rails, ASP or anything else that accept parameters and use Pretty Link to make their URLs “pretty” and forward on the parameters
- Setup pretty links for your zip, pdf & binary files and track how many times they are downloaded
- Use to track results of your PPC campaigns by setting your ads to go to Pretty Links
- Track Everything!
Here are some active Pretty Links on my site right now:
Here’s an example of a link that uses the Pretty Link PrettyBar:
Pretty Link can be downloaded from the WordPress Plugin Directory here:
Seriously, look how great this plugin is:
To see what new changes have been released in Pretty Link lately, check out the Pretty Link Change Log
Here are some great ways you can get involved in helping make Pretty Link a better Plugin:
- Recommend this plugin to your followers on Twitter or friends in an Email
- Write a post about Pretty Link on your blog
- If you think Pretty Link is the best thing since sliced bread then go to WordPress’ Pretty Link Download page and give it a good rating (you have to register for a free account on wordpress.org before you can do this).
- Help support the development of Pretty Link with a Donation.