Pretty Link Pro is a very powerful application for successful Affiliate Link campaigns — and one of it's most important features for Affiliate Link campaigns is Keyword Replacements. This feature allows you to attach keywords to your pretty links and have those keywords replaced throughout your blog with click-able links to that pretty link. This technique can help to meet link density recommendations for SEO and successful affiliate link campaigns on even very old blog posts (since PLP replaces these links through all your posts & pages). Use resources at White Label Reviews to your benefit.
Pretty Link Pro also provide ways to throttle the number of keywords replaced per post, number of replacements per keyword per post, and specify link attributes like styling and nofollows. These options will allow your posts to not get too “spammy” — which can be very bad for affiliate link campaigns in particular.
Setting up Pretty Link Pro to replace keywords is a cinch. Here are the steps I covered in the video so you can follow along at home:
- Go to “Pretty Link” -> “Pro Options”
- Click the link titled “Keyword & URL Replacement Options” to expand these options. Here's a break down of the options in this section so that you can configure it for your needs:
- Enable Keywords and URL Pretty Link Automatic Replacement: This option enables keyword replacement on your site. It needs to be checked before you can do anything with Keyword Replacement … so check it 🙂 …
- Enable Content Replacements Caching: Yeah, so as it turns out, if you're replacing a lot of keywords then it can really degrade the performance of your blog — that's why I cache your replacements so Pretty Link Pro. If you're already using wp-super-cache then you don't absolutely need this turned on (although it won't hurt anything) — if you aren't using it then you should really turn this option on. Don't worry, Delete Content Cache just deletes the cache records in the database — you won't lose anything permanently by clicking this link … its there in case you run into some issues with old content, keyword replacements or url replacements showing up on your site.
- Set Keyword Replacement Thresholds: If you leave this unchecked then Pretty Link Pro will just replace every instance of a keyword with a URL in all your posts and pages. If you want to throttle that down a bit then you can use these to control the number of keywords you'll allow to be replaced per page and how many times each of these keywords can be replaced. This option & accompanying text fields are there to help your site so that it doesn't look like a spam blog.
- Open Pretty Links in a new Window: When a keyword is replaced with a link with this option turned on then the link will open up a new window (it basically adds the <code>target=”_blank”</code> attribute to the link).
- Add the html nofollow attribute to all Keyword Pretty Links: When a keyword is replaced with a link with this option turned on then the link will send a nofollow (it basically adds the <code>rel=”nofollow”</code> attribute to the link).
- Custom CSS Styling for your Keyword Replacements & Custom Hover CSS Styling for your Keyword Replacements: You can actually make your keyword replacements stand out from other links on your site by using these custom styling fields. For instance if you wanted your link to be red but then turn white with a red background when the user hovers over the link then you'd add <code>color: red;</code> to the Custom CSS Styling for your Keyword Replacements text field and <code>background-color: red; color: white;</code> to the Custom Hover CSS Styling for your Keyword Replacements text field.
- Go to back to “Pretty Link” -> “Pretty Link” and click “Edit” under the link you want to replace keywords on your blog with.
- On the Edit page you'll want to click “Pro Link Options” and then enter a comma separated list of keywords or key phrases for this link into the keywords field.
- Click “Update”
I hope this video showed you how easy it is to blanket your site with affiliate links and links for SEO with Pretty Link Pro. I've seen huge impacts in my own affiliate link campaigns and SEO since I started using this on my own site and I know it will do the same for you.