Shrinking your blog posts' permalinks (on existing or newly created blog posts) and then sending a tweet out for them can be a hassle — especially if you have multiple twitter accounts. Luckily, you can automate this process and auto tweet your blog posts right from your wordpress website using Pretty Link Pro. Hopefully this article will show you how this can save you time and the simple steps you'll need to go through to get this auto tweet feature working for you.
Pretty Link Pro can be set up to automatically create short links for your posts and tweet them when you publish your posts manually, via a remote service (XML-RPC) or with the WordPress scheduler. Using this feature will save you time when you write a new article on your blog–and can be particularly useful when using the scheduler or in conjunction with some kind of automatic blogging software like wp-o-matic or WPRobot.
Here’s how easy it is to get Pretty Link Pro's auto tweet feature set up:
If you didn't quite catch it from the video — here are the steps you need to go through to get auto tweeting to work for you.
- Go to “Pretty Link” -> “Pro Options”
- Click the link titled “Automatic Pretty Link Creation and Posting Options” to expand these options.
- Enter your Twitter Username & Password and hit the “Save” button (must be your valid Twitter credentials — don’t worry, your credentials are stored on your own Database — nowhere else! ). You can add as many twitter credentials here as you want.
- Check the box under “Create Pretty Links for Posts” or “Create Pretty Links for Pages” (one of these must be checked or the auto tweet option won't be visible) that is labeled “Automatically post to Twitter when a Post/Page is published.”
- Hit the “Save” Button again